Saturday, May 27, 2017

Inspired By #58 featuring Donna Mikasa

Hello Tracey here and welcome to Inspired By All The Little Things! This is a weekly inspiration challenge blog and each week we feature a wonderful designer who inspires us as an artist!



I am so excited to share that I have invited Donna Mikasa this week to be my guest!
I have known Donna for quite a while now she is among some of my early designer crushes. When it comes to ink blending and watercolouring her designs are always gorgeous!


I asked Donna to share a bit about herself...

1. What is the name of your blog? When and why did you start it?

My blog is “three umbrellas” a literal English translation of my last name, which is Japanese. Mi = three, kasa = umbrella. 

I started my blog back in July 2009 because I so wanted to be a part of a Hero Arts blog hop. Little did I know I’d still be blogging eight years later!

2. What is your style of card making?

I’m basically a clean and simple card maker, and I try to keep as much white space as I can, depending on the project.

3. Who inspires you as a designer?

That’s a tough one. There are so many designers who inspire, but I’d have to pick Jennifer McGuire because of all the techniques that she shares, and I always want to get inky after watching her videos. Also, back in 2008 she chose me to spend a Day on the Hero Arts blog with her—an honor that I cherish till today.

4. What sort of things inspire you as a card maker? Photos? Sketches? Other designers?

I love working with sketches as a starting point. I’ve been on the CAS(E) this Sketch design team for 4 years(!) and I often find myself using older sketches when I need a little jump start.
 
5. Share something about yourself that we may not know?

I’m a pineapple lover. I can cut up a pineapple in a few minutes and polish it off in a couple of days.

Here is Donna's card using this week's inspiration!


The challenge designers have also created a card for this week's inspiration! These ladies just inspire me SO much!!! I hope you will play along with us this week! We would love to have you join us!

Kimberly Lackenbach

LauraJane 

Laurel Seabrook (Guest Designer)

Leigh Penner 

Marcie Sharp
 Sharp Designs

Sheri Gilson

Silke Ledlow

Wanda Cullen

...and of course one from me too.

Tracey McNeely


We hope you will play along with us!


The linky will close on Friday, June 2nd at 11:55am. (PST)

Some simple rules to keep things organized and enjoyable:
  • Please use the graphic for your post and link back to this post.
  • Any posts that are offensive will be removed.
  • Please comment on the submissions of others...we all love the support!
  • Yes you can combine with other challenges but NOT other inspiration challenges please.
  • Have fun and challenge yourself!

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful inspiration from the design team! Thank you so much for having me as a guest. I hope to be playing along on a regular basis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The designers (and guest Donna) have hit this one out of the park!!! GORGEOUS inspiration. Can't wait to get inky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Donna! Had to play along with this beautiful photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very happy to play along with these beautiful inspiration flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As soon as I saw the inspiration photo I knew it would be perfect for Donna. She is amazing!!! Love her card and her kindness! Wish I had seen this earlier and could have played along.

    ReplyDelete