Saturday, May 20, 2017

Inspired By #57 with Shari MacLaughlin

Hello and welcome to Inspired By All The Little Things! This is a weekly inspiration challenge blog and each week we feature a wonderful designer who inspires us as an artist!



For my Guest Designer this week, I have invited...
Shari MacLaughlin!  A former teammate of mine, a gifted crafter, who can colour like nobody's business!  We also share a love of my home town :o)

I asked Shari to share a bit about herself...

1. What is the name of your blog? When and why did you start it?
My blog name is Pickled Memories - when I started scrapbooking I was looking for a name that represented preserving memories, and pickling seemed to be a perfect match, so when it came time to start my blog, it was easy to just keep using the name.  I started my blog back in 2010 as a way to learn more about using computers and as a means of therapy during a difficult divorce.  Little did I know that my little self taught computer lessons would lead to me being on several design teams, and let me share my love of card making.

2. What is your style of card making?
I don't really have a style, as I can do simple one layer cards to the more layered look.  I always choose my paper first and then color my image with matching colors.  Coloring is usually fast and easy, but then the hard part starts - the actual design of the card.  I can spend hours just getting the perfect look!!

3. Who inspires you as a designer?
 Wow, that's a tough question as I don't really follow any one designer.  Everyone is so unique and choosing just one would be difficult.

4. What sort of things inspire you as a card maker? Photos? Sketches? Other designers?
I love searching pinterest, and I also follow several different stamp companies and facebook groups on line.  So many people design differently, so I guess I take inspiration from them all and then create what I love!!
  
5. Share something about yourself that we may not know?
I studied photography at the Alberta College of Art after high school, and my love of colors have inspired me throughout my life.  I love painting murals in rooms, staging homes, and people tell me that I have a natural ability to make a home seem just right.  I think this love of design has helped me in my card and scrapbooking layouts.  When reading or watching tv I notice the little details that most people would not even see, and then translate that into my own designs.  I also adore working with children, which is why I am now loving the two newest additions to my life - my grandsons Eli and Reuben!!

Here is Shari's card using this week's inspiration!


The challenge designers have also created a card for this week's inspiration!  I hope you will play along with us this week! We would love to have you join us!

Kimberly Lackenbach

LauraJane 

Laurel Seabrook (Guest Designer)

Leigh Penner 

Marcie Sharp
 Sharp Designs

Sheri Gilson

Silke Ledlow

Wanda Cullen

And one from me - Karen Day

We hope you will play along with us!


The linky will close on Friday, May 26th at 11:55am. (PST)

Some simple rules to keep things organized and enjoyable:
  • Please use the graphic for your post and link back to this post.
  • Any posts that are offensive will be removed.
  • Please comment on the submissions of others...we all love the support!
  • Yes you can combine with other challenges but NOT other inspiration challenges please.
  • Have fun and challenge yourself!

1 comment:

  1. Such fabulous floral inspiration from the DT and Shari ... gorgeous cards, thank you! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete