Saturday, June 25, 2016

Inspired by All the Little Things featuring Ardyth Percy-Robb

Hello and welcome to Inspired By All The Little Things! This is a weekly inspiration challenge blog and each week we feature a wonderful designer who inspires us as an artist!


This week I invited the very talented Ardyth Percy-Robb to be my guest. Ardyth and I have been friends even since the beginning of CASology where we are both designers. From there we found out that we lived within a half hour of one another and the rest is history. Ardyth has a distictive clean and simple style and her designs in my opinion are flawless. I was thrilled when she said she would join us this week.




I asked Ardyth to share a bit about herself...

1. What is the name of your blog? When and why did you start it?

My blog is called MASKerade. MASK are the first initials (in age order) of my family members. I'm the vowel - the glue that holds it all together! I started cardmaking at a Stampin' Up! party in 2006 and posted on Splitcoaststampers until I started MASKerade in January 2012 (go take a look at my early gallery if you need a smile!).

2. What is your style of card making?

My main style of card making is Clean and Simple. Or Clean and Graphic. But really, I make whatever I feel like at the time! Lately I've been making some not-so-CAS cards with watercoloured images and backgrounds. It's so much fun to try something new, but I can't imagine that I'll ever completely give up white space!

3. Who inspires you as a designer?

Of course I watch all the videos by the 'big names' but I'm also inspired when I notice little details in just about every card I see and think 'hey, I need to try that!'.
4. What sort of things inspire you as a card maker? Photos? Sketches? Other designers?

I get inspiration from so many places. Many of the challenges I own and/or play in are inspiration challenges - either a photo or a card - and I think those are my favourites. I love to look at each element of the inspiration piece, mix them all up and make it my own! 
5. Share something about yourself that we may not know?

Today is my son's birthday. He's 17 and just got his driver's license. He'll be spending the summer getting his pilot's license. He fills me with pride. And a little bit of fear! Parenting is definitely not for the faint of heart, is it?

Here is Ardyth's card using this week's inspiration!



The challenge designers have also created a card for this week's inspiration! These ladies just inspire me SO much!!! I hope you will play along with us this week! We would love to have you join us!

















...and one more card from me!




We hope you will play along with us!


The linky will close on Thursday, June 30 at 11:55pm. (PST)

Some simple rules to keep things organized and enjoyable:
  • Please use the graphic for your post and link back to this post.
  • Any posts that are offensive will be removed.
  • Please comment on the submissions of others...we all love the support!
  • Yes you can combine with other challenges but NOT other inspiration challenges please.
  • Have fun and challenge yourself!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful inspiration, ladies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are great! It's cool to be a designer, you can do new things and get a pleasure from it. Other people also feel happy when see your creations or give the presents. I wish you more inspiration!

    ReplyDelete