Saturday, June 18, 2016

Inspired By All The Little Things - featuring Melinda Everitt

Hello and welcome to Inspired By All The Little Things! This is a weekly inspiration challenge blog and each week we feature a wonderful designer who inspires us as an artist!  I am an amateur camera buff, and fell in love with this vintage turquoise camera that is this week's image:



It's Karen here with you this week - and I've invited the wonderfully talented Melinda Everitt (from If You Bling It They Will Come) to be my Guest Designer this week; we met as teammates on my very first design team, and she has such wonderful artistic talent:

I asked Melinda to share a bit about herself...

1. What is the name of your blog? When and why did you start it?  The name of my blog is www.ifyoublingit.blogspot.com.  I started my blog on April 14, 2010.  I am an Independent Close to My Heart Consultant and wanted to get my name and artwork out to more people.

2. What is your style of card making?  My style, huh?  My daughter says that she can always pick my cards out when she sees them on Pinterest.  I like layers, glitz, and lots of bling.  I like striking colors and absolutely love trying new techniques.  I have learned  from a son and granddaughter that creating art is supposed to be fun and you need to play.

3. Who inspires you as a designer?  Lisa Stenz.  Karen Pedersen. Vicki Wizniuk.

4. What sort of things inspire you as a card maker? Photos? Sketches? Other designers?  I love sketches.  It is great to have a starting point.  I rarely copy other designers, but I do look at a ton of artwork from many blogs so I am sure they inspire my artwork.  Sometimes I see a tutorial I want to try like the card I made for this challenge.  It came from a Starburst Tutorial on splitcoast stampers that was featured this week.  It was perfect for what I wanted to make.

5. Share something about yourself that we may not know?  I love my family and my business and am glad that I get to play when I work.  I can bring my business with me wherever I go.  I love making special cards and artwork for my loved ones and the ones I make for them are my best work!

Here is Melinda's card using this week's inspiration!

The challenge designers have created amazing projects for this week's inspiration!  Some of us went with the camera, some just the colours, some added a little bling... I hope you will play along with us this week! We would love to have you join us!

Kimberly Lackenbach-http://kimcreate.blogspot.ca/






Leigh Penner - www.leighpenner.blogspot.com  




And a little something from me (http://kdaycreations.blogspot.ca):

We hope you will play along with us!


The linky will close on Thursday, June 23rd at 11:55pm. (PST)

Some simple rules to keep things organized and enjoyable:
  • Please use the graphic for your post and link back to this post.
  • Any posts that are offensive will be removed.
  • Please comment on the submissions of others...we all love the support!
  • Yes you can combine with other challenges but NOT other inspiration challenges please.
  • Have fun and challenge yourself!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun inspiration photo and fabulous cards from the DT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous inspiration photo, has really conjured up happy memories for me...Thank you x

    ReplyDelete