Saturday, June 11, 2016

Inspired By All The Little Things Featuring Jill Foster

Hello and welcome to Inspired By All The Little Things! This is a weekly inspiration challenge blog and each week we feature a wonderful designer who inspires us as an artist!


This week I have invited Jill Foster to be our guest!  Jill has been on my radar FOREVER!  She's a risk taker - always trying new techniques.  Never afraid to add swoosh of gesso or a splash of ink!  You can watch her create  on YouTube for Penny Black - always amazing!  Warning:  This may be addictive and you just might loose several hours from your day  without even realizing it!
 





I asked Jill to share a bit about herself...

1. What is the name of your blog? When and why did you start it?
My blog is called Studio Sessions and I started it with my amazingly talented friend, Elizabeth Allan, back in February 2014. I had been blogging on my own for several years, but Studio Sessions allowed me to create long-distance, with a fellow artistic friend, in a shared virtual studio. From planning the posts to waiting to see what each person has created using the same/similar inspiration and supplies, this has exponentially increased my enjoyment of blogging and creating just for fun!

2. What is your style of card making?
This is a tough question as I think my style can be fairly eclectic, but the one factor that typically appears on my cards is lots of color. Color makes me happy!

3. Who inspires you as a designer?

There are so many people who inspire me as a designer I can't even begin to name names, from cardmakers to artists in other "genres," I love looking at art and being wow'ed. Anyone who is brave enough to share their work with the world inspires me as there is something unique about what each person brings to their creative endeavors. I love that.

4. What sort of things inspire you as a card maker? Photos? Sketches? Other designers?
As a designer for Penny Black, I find most of my inspiration from their awesome line of stamps and dies. I'm also a Pinterest junkie and find gobs of inspiration there, too.


 Jill Foster

The challenge designers have also created a card for this week's inspiration! These ladies just inspire me SO much!!! I hope you will play along with us this week! We would love to have you join us!






And of course I want to play along too!



We hope you will play along with us!
The linky will close on Thursday, June 16 at 11:55pm. (PST)

Some simple rules to keep things organized and enjoyable:
  • Please use the graphic for your post and link back to this post.
  • Any posts that are offensive will be removed.
  • Please comment on the submissions of others...we all love the support!
  • Yes you can combine with other challenges but NOT other inspiration challenges please.
  • Have fun and challenge yourself!


10 comments:

  1. All of these are gorgeous. All the DT members created beautiful cards. I am a big fan of Jill's work,too and find lots of inspiration from her creations. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill uses color like no other artist! Always amazing work and inspiration. Love her card here .. it perfectly interprets the inspiration image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Fabulous inspiration from Jill and the DT cards: ah-mazing!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!! Jill's work and charisma are very inspiring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love everyone's cards! It's such an honor to be a guest. Thank you!!!! Can't wait to check out the entries.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jill is always an inspiration to so many of us who love to make cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My word...the most fabulous inspiration and great to see Jill's stunning work x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful inspiration from Jill and team! I wish I could play along but this week been so busy around here. Thank You for always providing amazing inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh! It's a shame... you're already closed.
    You can see my card here: http://scrapofme.blogspot.fr/2016/06/inspired-by-all-little-things-19.html
    Thank you for this fabulous inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete